ARM Approved Training Center - Courses
Languages Training Offered In: English & GermanAreas of Training Expertise:
Provides vendor independent training in SoC design and verification languages & methodologies. Includes a range of ARM technology-based training courses including ARM11 and Cortex-M/R/A families.
ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore SoC DesignSummary:
ARM Cortex-A9MPcore SoC Design is a 4-day class for system and hardware engineers developing systems based around the latest high-end ARM core (ARM Cortex-A9 single or multi core MP).
The class covers the new instruction sets - Thumb-2 and -VFPv3 and the NEON extentions are described through implementation examples.
The course covers the AXI bus protocol, including the PL301 high performance matrix. The course also explains the new CoreSight debug specification, particularly invasive debug, non invasive debug and Cross-Triggering Matrix.
Some knowledge of embedded systems and familiarity with digital logic and hardware/ASIC design issues. A basic awareness of ARM is useful but not essential.
System design and hardware design engineers who need to understand the issues involved when designing SoC's around the ARM Cortex-A9MPcore.
Day 1: ARM Architecture
* The ARM Architecture
* Cortex-A9 Instruction Sets
* ARM v4T
* ARM v6
* ARM v7-A
* ARM v6 Memory Types
* Memory Management
* ARMv6 VMSA
* Exception Handling
* Introduction to TrustZone
Day 2: System Fabric & µArchitecture
* CPU Architectures
* Memory Sub-systems
* Introduction to SMP & MESI
* Introduction to IEM
* AXI Protocol
* AXI Interconnection Architectures
* AMBA Designer
Day 3: Cortex-A9 and Cortex-A9 MPcore
* Cortex-A9 MPCore Overview
* Cortex-A9 Processor Core
* Cortex-A9 L1 Sub-Systems
* Cortex-A9 MPCore Sub-systems
* Cortex-A9 MPCore L2 Interfaces
* Cortex-A9 MPCore Configuration & Deployment
* Reference Methodologies Overview
* Cortex-A9 MPCore Clocks, Resets & Power Management
* Cortex-A9 Memory Management
Day 4: Cortex-A9 and Cortex-A9 MPcore
* Cortex-A9 MPCore Interrupt Controller
* Initializing Cortex-A9 MPCore based Systems
* L2CC â€“ PL310
* Introduction to CoreSight
* Cortex-A9 Invasive Debug
* Cortex-A9 Non-Invasive Debug
* Cortex-A9 MPCore Integration[ Training Course list ]