ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
One of the challenging aspects of many development projects is designing an attractive and useful display. Besides making images that look exactly how you want them to look, the implementation of windows techniques, complex drawing routines, different fonts and flicker free updates are expected. To help developers beat their timelines and development costs, we created emWin. Written in ANSI C it is the most efficient and comprehensive set of graphics libraries available today.
· Simulation environment: let's the developper test the graphic output on a PC
· Font Converter: converts PC fonts into C-files for use with emWin
· Bitmap Converter. converts bitmaps into C-files
· Window Manager/fully customizable Widgets allowing high-end graphics
· Memory devices: allow flicker free updates and partial updates for low memory usage
· Antialiasing: smoothes diagonal and curved lines
· VNC server support: provides remote control for embedded devices
· Multi-layer/multi-display support
· Alpha blending
· Semi transparency
· Child windows
· Touch screen support
· and much more ...
All required graphic routines are included as well as an efficient algorithm to draw arbitrary polygons. Bitmaps of any size color and depth may be shown at any place on the display. All functions can work in OR- XOR- and AND mode, so visualizing in real-time is no problem.
To ensure your application does not stretch past your memory requirements, only the elements of the emWin library that you select will be used at compile time.
Another aspect of reducing the needed resources is the possibility to reduce any font to the characters needed. Especially with the fonts used in asia pacific a significant amount of memory can be saved by removing symbols which will not be used at run-time.
For emWin SEGGER provides products that save a significant amount of time during development by making graphic development comprehensive and efficient: Simulator, Font Converter, Bitmap Converter.
More information, demos and free trial versions can be found at SEGGER's homepage: www.segger.com