ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
SoftRISC has unique specialization in implementation and optimization of communication software on RISC processors. These communication algorithms have been historically implemented on DSP chips as opposed to RISC. SoftRISC employs innovative techniques in modifying the algorithm and its logic to conform to the target RISC processor architecture. There are several advantages to this RISC based s/w approach. For the low end, high volume consumer market, this results in great savings – by eliminating a dedicated DSP chip or core; by enabling a cost effective, power efficient end product and increases flexibility of a CPU based product in a highly cost sensitive market place.
A. VoIP and FoIP components:
1. VoIP codecs/telephony modules/call agent (G.7xx voice codecs, G.167 Acoustic Echo Canceller, G.168 Line Echo Canceller, DTMF, Caller ID, CPT, RTP/RTCP, SIP, H.323, etc.)
2. Telephony modules such as G.168 LEC, G.167 AEC, DTMF, JB/PLC, VAD/CNG, CallerID, CPT, G.169 AGC/ALC, etc.
3. ITU compatible fax solution – including T.38 fax relay and V17, V.21, V.27ter, V.29 fax modems
B. SoftRISC’s Additional Products:
1. GSM vocoders for wireless application – AMR, WB-AMR, EFR, HR, FR
2. Audio modules – MP3, MP3-PRO, AAC, AAC-Plus, AC3, WMA codecs
3. Video modules – MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV codecs
SoftRISC's focus is on communication software solutions for niche, low-end, mass volume products outlined below that utilize RISC processors at their core.
1. VoIP chipsets, IP Phones, Soft Phone clients (on PDA, PC)
2. 802.11 VoWLAN (WiFi) Phones
4. PDA and handheld communication devices
5. Integrated Access Devices (IAD)/Residential Gateways (ATA)
6. Multimedia Chipsets & Set Top boxes, and Mobile Multimedia Products
7. Cell Phones, cell phone chipsets for GSM, CDMA, 3G, PHS and combinations
8. Toys with multimedia capabilities
SoftRISC’s Alliances and Business Partners:
SoftRISC works closely with ARM as a premier partner in their PrimeXsys program. Similarly, SoftRISC has close relationships with Intel, Microsoft, and with several leading licensees of ARM to provide SoftRISC’s ARM based software to these semiconductor companies and their OEMs. SoftRISC also has partners in Technology such as Thomson Multimedia, Commetrex, Fraunhofer Institute, etc. in-order to be able to provide best, field deployed solutions to its customers.
SoftRISC’s business model:
· SoftRISC is an IP licensing company. Intellectual Property can be licensed in various forms suitable to the customer – in object code, assembly code or C source code.
· SoftRISC is also open to other business models such as custom IP development, custom optimization of existing IP, etc. Implementation team at SoftRISC is also very knowledgeable in programming processor Platforms.
As a leading VoIP, FoIP and multimedia software house, SoftRISC has blue chip c