ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
Virtual prototypes are high-speed, fully functional software models of physical hardware systems under development. Systems can range from processors, system-on-chip, boards to electronic devices or a network of devices. Virtual prototypes can execute unmodified production code. They are available early (pre-RTL), provide higher visibility and controllability and are more easily accessible as a software package.
Virtual prototypes give IP, semiconductor and systems companies the ability to significantly accelerate their development cycles:
• Software development, integration and test can be started early (pre-RTL and pre-hardware availability) and concurrently with hardware development, thus reducing specification and implementation errors.
• Virtual prototypes can be used to create system-level tests for hardware verification and as a testbench during hardware verification.
• Virtual prototypes can be used as a go-to-market tool to obtain customer feedback early in the specification phase as well as enable customers’ and partners’ software development.
Synopsys delivers a complete solution covering creation tools, models, end user tools, methodologies and services. This includes:
• Largest portfolio of processors, interconnect, peripherals and platform models available
• Efficient modeling of virtual prototypes using standard-based languages and methodologies (SystemC, TLM 2.0) and combining multiple level of abstraction
• Advanced software debugging and analysis tool for virtual prototypes
• Expert services and proven methodologies for modeling and deployment of virtual prototypes
• Proven deployment of virtual prototypes in 30+ leading semiconductors and system companies
• Worldwide support and technical expertise
With Synopsys Virtual Prototype technologies, users have reported starting and completing software development 9 to 12 months prior to physical hardware availability, identifying more than 100 specification errors or required clarification, resolving difficult software bugs in a matter of hours rather than days and increasing their overall product quality by 5X over traditional methods.
Synopsys offers: Virtualizer, CoMET-METeor, models and services.