ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
MachBlue Mobile is an award-winning platform for mobile phones that powers dazzling user interfaces (UI) and user experiences (UX) by supporting the Flash® SWF format with Bleustreak Action Script extensions:
• Mobile TV electronic program guides with transparent video overlay and dynamic updating
• Total MMI rebranding
• Sophisticated video and music applications, including those for off-deck media management when user is not connected to the network
• Live TV and event broadcasting using complimentary DVB-H, 3G, and VOD technologies
• Homescreen and shortcut applications
MachBlue’s unique APIs give complete control over device functionality, without the need for low-level coding. The platform also minimizes memory usage, maximizes execution speed, and retains application portability.
Developers use MachBlue Studio, in tandem with Adobe® Flash®—the world’s leading off-the-shelf UI authoring tool—to quickly create mobile applications. And the same developers can easily use MachBlue Studio to create companion applications for digital TV set-top boxes.
MachBlue Mobile is deployed by leading operators such as Orange.
MachBlue’s cross-platform capabilities bridge the gap between different makes and models of handsets, making it possible for wireless operators and handset OEMs to create a customized, branded user experience that is uniform across all devices.
It also offers direct compatibility with MachBlue TV, a platform that provides in-home iTV experiences to millions of subscribers. Wireless carriers can now partner directly with cable, satellite, and IPTV providers to deliver unified quad-play solutions for multi-service subscribers.
• Greatly exceeds the graphic capabilities of JAVA, BREW, and other native languages
• Supports large subset of Flash® 9 and ActionScript 2
• Developer-friendly platform allows use of industry-standard Flash® authoring tools in tandem with MachBlue Studio
• Extensible scripting architecture to launch and control external applications and hardware
• Supports XML for dynamic data loading and OTA content updates
• Offers two architectures for maximum flexibility: a single-threaded version for low-end device RTOSs and a multi-threaded version for high-end devices
• Battery-efficient software design with no compromise between form and function
• Strong compatibility with existing applications and web-based coding practices
• Networking support (e.g., HTTP, UDP, WAP push, Bluetooth, IR)
• Modular code architecture enables fast porting to diverse handset profiles
• Includes Bluestreak’s APIs for mobile phones and mobile TV:
o Call-handling features
o Agenda, contacts, and call log
o Messaging support
o Power usage
o Audio/video streaming and codecs
o Program info
o Video windows