ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
MachBlue TV is a complete software platform supporting the Flash® format and running on cable, satellite, IPTV digital set-top boxes and DTV, PMP devices. It lets OEMs, operators and developers create dazzling UIs and sophisticated applications such as EPG, VOD, DVR, games, and enhancedTV.
The platform dramatically enhances graphical user interfaces and gives complete control over device functionality, even on legacy boxes. It minimizes memory usage, maximizes execution speed, and retains application portability.
MachBlue streamlines the download process and performs advanced data and networking functions with standard web services backends. This makes it possible to develop truly interactive applications once available only on PCs with broadband connections.
Developers use MachBlue Studio for TV in tandem with Adobe® Flash® the world’s leading off-the-shelf UI authoring tool—to quickly create TV centric applications. And the same developers can easily use MachBlue Studio for Mobile to create companion applications for mobile phones.
• Entirely software-based solution; requires no additional hardware investment
• Backward- and forward-compatible with many STB and DTV models and operating systems for cable, satellite, IPTV and CE
• Short development, testing, and deployment cycles
• Superb handling of multimedia content, including music, video, and animation
• Advanced and expandable ActionScript TV extensions
• Ability to build once and deploy in many places
• Remarkably small memory footprint and small application file sizes
• Large, vibrant, and diverse community of developers
• A large subset of the Flash® 9 specification:
o Bitmap and vector graphics
o Keyframe animation, motion tweening, and color transform
o ADPCM sound
o XML parsing
o JPEG dynamic loading
o SWF dynamic loading
o HTTP & XML socket networking support
o Broadcast carrousel networking support
• ActionScript 1.0 (ECMA 2.63) and ActionScript 2.0 (ECMA 4.0)
• Bluestreak’s exclusive TV APIs, which include:
o Video on Demand (VOD)
o Digital Video Recorder (DVR)
o Parental Control
o CAS Integration
o IPG Data
MachBlue™ Studio, TV Edition
• Connects the developer’s PC directly to the set-top box for live, on-target testing
• Fully integrated with Flash® authoring tools
• Includes detailed tutorials, integrated help files, and code samples
• Includes Insight a testing and debugging tool running with MachBlue TV on Windows®. Supports applet control, system configuration, and enhanced memory usage monitoring
• Supports XML, JPG and SWF for dynamic content loading
• Supports standard image types, including GIF, PNG, and JPEG
Available Platforms based on:
• Texas Instruments