Red Suite by Code Red Technologies
IDE and/or Compiler (C/C++/EC++/Ada)
Red Suite is a fully featured software development environment for ARM- based Microcontrollers, and includes all the tools necessary to develop high quality embedded software applications in a timely and cost effective fashion.
The Red Suite IDE is based on the highly popular Eclipse platform and features many ease-of-use and Microcontroller specific enhancements. Red Suite includes the industry standard GNU tools enabling professional quality tools at low cost. The fully featured debugger supports both SWD and JTAG debugging, and features direct download to on-chip flash. The Red Suite Integrated Development Environment (IDE) provides a C/C++ programming environment second to none, with syntax-coloring, source formatting, function folding, online and offline integrated help, extensive project management automation and integrated source repository support (CVS integrated or Subversion via download).
Red Suite includes support for Cortex-M0, -M0+, -M3 and -M4 based processors, and is available on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X hosts.
Summary of Red Suite features
- Sophisticated Eclipse-based IDE with many ease-of-use enhancements
- Regularly updated device-specific support for hundreds of microcontrollers from Freescale® Kinetis, NXP® LPC, Silicon Labs® Precision32, STMicroelectronics® STM32 and Texas Instruments® Stellaris families
- Red Trace capabilities giving unprecedented visibility into microcontroller execution, including support for Cortex-M3 and M4 SWV, Cortex-M0+ MTB and Cortex-M4 and M4 ETB on-chip tracing capabilities
- Red State state machine designer and code generator
- User-extensible Wizards to create target-specific embedded applications
- Structured display of on-chip peripherals for all supported microcontrollers.
- Full support SWD and JTAG debugging via Red Probe+, NXP LPC-Link, Silicon Labs Debug Adapter and TI ICDI
- Support for external Flash and RAM devices
- Multiple devices on a JTAG scan-chain supported with Red Probe+
- Enhanced Redlib C library provides significant code and data size savings.
- Managed linker scripts to reduce the complexity and improve maintenance of embedded applications across a range of devices
- Support for CMSIS (Cortex Microcontroller Software Interface Standard).
- No-fuss, single install for complete product, including 1-year of email-based support
- Fully functional evaluation version available.
- Available for Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- Generous multi-seat discounts
- Device-specific support for hundreds of ARM-based microcontrollers from Freescale, NXP, Silicon Labs, STMicroelectronics and Texas Instruments, with other microcontroller families planned