COQOS by OpenSynergy GmbH
OpenSynergy deploys virtualization technology to realize its products. This enables different software systems to be integrated safely and securely onto a single hardware platform. The hypervisor is an essential component of our virtualization technology. It creates multiple logical software partitions in which different guest operating systems, such as Linux or Android, run. This allows consumer electronics software to be reused in the vehicle and securely and safely connected to the in-vehicle network.
Virtualization technology makes cars more reliable, safer, more cost-efficient, and lighter. With COQOS, we are able to offer the most advanced product available on the market today.
Target Automotive ECUs
- Head Unit
- Digital Instrument Cluster
- Connectivity Unit
- Driver Assistance System
- Safe partitioning of the processor
- AUTOSAR 3.1 and 4.0
- Linux and Android™
- ARM and Intel® x86
- Additional security features
- Multiple operating systems on a single or multicore CPU
- Create automotive infotainment systems based on Linux or Android™ and still satisfy automotive requirements such as fast boot and AUTOSAR compliance
- Integrate a standard AUTOSAR environment with non-AUTOSAR functionality on a single processor
- Use the partitioning capabilities of the microOS to satisfy the safety and security requirements of standards like ISO26262 and IEC15408 (Common Criteria)
- Reduce hardware cost by migrating from multicore-chip solutions to a single highly integrated system on chip
- Integrate Advanced Driver Assistance Systems and connectivity functionality directly on the head unit.
Support of AUTOSAR Release 3.1 and AUTOSAR Release 4.0. The COQOS AUTOSAR-OS has been developed from the ground up to ensure the most efficient use of the µOS. The AUTOSAR OS, BSW Scheduler and RTE are closely integrated with COQOS.Standard AUTOSAR Basic Software from the OEM, third-party software vendors or OpenSynergy can be easily integrated.
The hypervisor creates the partitions of the processor
- Partitioning of processor resources (execution time and memory)
- Periphery is only visible from the partition it is assigned to
- Based on the separation hyervisor of SYSGO‘s PikeOS - proven in avionics applications with the highest safety standards
- Certification to standards for safety-criticial applications such as DO-178B, IEC61508, EN50128. Suitable for systems that need to comply with ISO26262
Androit and Linux
COQOS provides support for the following guest operating systems:
- Linux 2.6.x; 3.x (newer kernel versions are supported in regular updates)
- Android™ 2.3; 4.0 (newer versions are supported in regular updates.
OpenSynergy supports the ARM architecture on several SoCs including:
- Cortex-A9 Multi-Core
- soon: Cortex A15.