ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
The SoM-9307M is Based on the Cirrus ARM9 EP9307 processor. This ARM9 core processor has an Ethernet MAC built-in along with 3 serial ports. It utilizes external SDRAM and includes and MMU which allows it to run Linux and WinCE Operating Systems. A SoM (System on Module) is a small embedded module that contains the core of a microprocessor system.
Using the same small 200 pin SODIMM form-factor utilized by other EMAC SoM modules, the SoM-9307 is the ideal processor engine for your next design. All of the ARM processor core is included on this tiny board including: Flash, Memory, Serial Ports, Ethernet, I2S Audio, PWMs, Timer/Counters, A/D, digital I/O lines, Clock/Calendar, and more.
The SoM-9307M is designed to plug into a carrier board that contains all the connectors and any custom I/O required for the application. This approach allows the customer or EMAC to design a Custom Carrier Board, that meets the customer's I/O, dimensional, and connector requirements without having to worry about the processor, memory, and standard I/O functionality. With this System on Module approach, a semi-custom hardware platform can be developed in as little as a month.
In addition to the option of the developing a Carrier board, one can be purchased off-the-shelf from EMAC. EMAC provides off-the-shelf Carrier boards that feature A/D, D/A, MMC/SD card, keypad, LCD, Touchscreen, and Audio interfaces. The recommended off-the-shelf Carrier Board for the SoM-9307M is the SoM-200ES which allows the user to immediately start coding their application using the powerful Linux or WinCE Operating System and Tools.
The System On Module approach provides the flexibility of a fully customized product at a greatly reduced cost.
- Small, 200 pin SODIMM form factor (2.66" x 2.375")
- Cirrus ARM9 EP9307 200Mhz Processor
- MaverickCrunch Hardware Floating Point Math Coprocessor
- 10/100BaseT Ethernet with on-board PHY
- 3 Serial ports with handshake
- 3 USB 2.0 (Full Speed) Host ports
- Up to 128 MB of SDRAM
- Up to 64 MB of Flash
- 128K Bytes of Serial Flash
- Battery backed Real Time Clock
- SD/MMC Flash Card Interface
- 2 SPI ports
- 1 I2S Audio port
- Timer/Counters and Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) ports
- 8 Channel 12-bit Analog-to-Digital converter
- Graphic LCD Interface with 2D acceleration up to 1024 x 768 Resolution
- Touchscreen Interface
- Typical power requirement less than 1 Watt
- JTAG for debug, including real-time trace
- FREE Eclipse IDE with GCC & GDB development tools
- WinCE 6.0 BSP in development.