The Lynx Design System is a production-ready chip implementation platform that is architected for rapid, "out-of-the-box" deployment to one or multiple project sites. It combines an open, tapeout-proven RTL-to-GDSII design flow, GUI-based runtime automation, design metrics capture and reporting, and a subsystem that automates the configuration of pre-validated foundry data.
Lynx takes full advantage of the Synopsys Galaxy™ Implementation Platform, but is flexible to readily accommodate internal or third-party tools. Since Lynx encapsulates the collective experience of Synopsys and its foundry and third-party IP partners through pre-established flows, recommended tool settings and pre-validated technology data, it can be rapidly set up and operational for design teams.
Key benefits of the Lynx Design System
• Production-proven design flow incorporates the latest methodologies to deliver fast and predictable results
• Embedded ARM-Synopsys implementation best practices that enable optimized area, power, and performance of ARM processors.
• Open environment supports third-party tools, libraries, and foundries
• Utilities to pre-validate IP, libraries and foundry technology data that accelerate project start
• GUI-based runtime environment simplifies flow configuration, execution, and monitoring
• Process-specific tape-out checks and settings improve the quality of foundry handoff
• Web-based Management Cockpit delivers on-demand visibility into key design metrics and trends to enable project transparency at all levels
• Evaluate multiple design scenarios in parallel through the Runtime Manager and view the results in a simple dashboard in the Management Cockpit