ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
With fiber to the home, node, basement, the functionality and
the complexity of a Gateway Processor and Ethernet Switches
increases significantly. The current generation gateway
architectures in CPE are not addressing multi gigabit data
rate with the growing functionality. These advanced
architectures would need to
• Route Multi-gigabits of data
• Provide sophisticated Quality of Service for applications like
• Handle very high number of flows
• Ultra low cost device adaptable to mass markets
• Needs to be highly programmable for changing
• Enable VPN, deep packet inspection to protect against
Posedge Wire-Speed Switching and Routing (WSP) Solutions
are highly scalable and configurable for various applications,
enabling network connectivity, switching and routing. The
engines offer complete offload of TCP / IP processing at
hardware level to achieve higher data rates without
burdeningthe host processor.
The WSP Processor architecture guarantees wire speed
secure routing of any size packets between Gigabit Ethernet
ports. The architecture is highly scalable for multiple Ethernet
ports or peripherals with other protocols like ATM and is
scalable for GPON and GEPON architectures. The
hardware/software partitioning and the partitioning of software
between Host Processor and Embedded modules ensure that
WSP software can be very easily integrated into customer’s
• 2 Gigabit Wire Speed Packet Processing
• Bridging with VLANs
• Routing with L3 and L4 fields
• Two Gigabit Ethernet Ports
• Efficient DDR-I/DDR-II/SDRAM Controller
• Built in Buffer Manager for On-Chip Buffers and Off-chip
• Flexible buffer/packet hand off to the host
• Hardware based QoS
• Multi-Processor based Classification
• All dependencies are resolved with hardware
• Optionally IPSec engine can be integrated into the data-path
• Hardware based Flow Control.
1.Switching / Bridging
• Very Simple Interface to the Host Processor
• Most of the processing in the Hardware
• Efficient trade-offs on S/W and H/W for small die size
• FPGA Proven on Linux-OS and MIPS host platform.
Posedge Switching and Routing IP blocks are deployed in
various network gear.
- IP STB (Can show Flash and Switch Solutions)
- Wireless Access Point (Switch)
- Enterprise GW (Eth + Sec)
- Residential Gateway (VDSL/xPON).
1. Fully Synthesizable RTL.
2.Testbenches and Testcases .
3.ASIC Synthesis Scripts .
4.FPGA Synthesis and P&R Scripts.
5. Verification specification.