ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
G.722 speech codec was standardized by ITU-T in 1988. The encoder operates on 14-bit speech/audio signals sampled at 16 KHz and generates a compressed bit-stream having a bit rate of 64kbps. The codec transforms the speech/audio signals using the Sub-Band ADPCM (SB-ADPCM) algorithm. The application at the transmit side can truncate each octet generated by the encoder by 1 or 2 bits to insert auxiliary data before transmission. The codec therefore provides an auxiliary data channel rate of 0, 8 or 16 kbps respectively. Decoder can be operated in one of 3 modes corresponding to bitrates 64, 56 or 48 kbps respectively. Appendix IV of the standard specifies a low complexity PLC algorithm for the decoder. The target applications for this codec includes the fixed network Voice over IP applications.
Salient Features (of CouthIT implementation):
– Based on ITU-T specification.
– Optimized ASM/C implementation.
– Re-entrant implementation.
– C-callable APIs.
– Operates on speech/audio signals sampled at 16 KHz.
– Configurable frame length when PLC is disabled (fixed at 10 ms when PLC is enabled).
– Support for 48, 56, and 64 kbps bit-rates.
– Support for RTP payload format as specified in RFC 3551.
– Support for packet loss concealment as specified in Appendix IV of the Standard.
– Optional support for xDM APIs.
Scope of Testing:
– Tested for bit-exactness with standard as well as a large database of non-standard test vectors.
– Module is fully interruptible.
– Tested for compliance with register preservation requirements.
– Tested for Input buffer corruption.
– Tested for I/O buffer alignment requirements.
– Tested for multi-instance implementation.
– Tested for 100% code coverage.
– Range validation for all the API parameters.
– Tested with scratch contamination at frame boundaries.
– Tested for packet loss conditions with 5% loss to 25% loss.
– ARM implementation validated on OMAP3530 (Cortex-A8) and DM6446/DM6467 (ARM926EJ-S) platforms.
For most current information on the performance specifications and availability of developed implementation on ARM cores, please send in your enquiry to email@example.com