ZIO is an opensource IO framework for rapid product development. ZIO Motherboard is a USB device that provides access to IO interfaces like GPIO, Sensor, PWM, I2C and SPI. ZIO comes with an API that can be used to access the IO interfaces provided by the motherboard, from the PC.
It can be used for
* Rapid embedded application prototyping
* Hobby electronics
* Teaching and learning electronics
* Building robot prototypes
* Development of PC based embedded systems
* Low speed data acquisition
* Testing and debugging boards, I2C, SPI peripherals, etc.