The DSTREAM™ high-performance debug and trace unit enables powerful software debug and optimization on any ARM processor-based hardware target. DSTREAM extends the functionality of RVI and RVT2 with faster memory download and trace capture, as well as wider support for physical debug and trace interfaces.
DSTREAM enables the connection of RVD, DS-5 Debugger and third party debuggers to ARM-based devices via JTAG or Serial-Wire Debug. DSTREAM uses FPGA acceleration to deliver high download speeds and fast stepping through code on single and multi-processor devices.
With features such as Virtual Ethernet for mounting of remote files systems without additional drivers or I/O ports, accelerated hardware bring-up for many development platforms, and open debug interface for use with third-party tools, DSTREAM is a comprehensive solution for development and debug of complex SoCs.
Trace is an essential tool for the resolution of complex software/hardware and timing-related issues, as it enables post-analysis of a software execution without the need for any software or hardware instrumentation. The 4 GB trace buffer on DSTREAM enables high-bandwidth trace for long periods of time, providing further visibility of how the software is executed on the target.
* Support for all ARM processors
* USB and Ethernet interface allows direct and remote connections from the host PC
* Code download at speeds of up to 2500 KBytes per second
* JTAG clocks of up to 60 MHz provide fast software upload over the existing debug port
* 16-bit wide trace capture at 300 MHz DDR (600 Mbit/s per pin)
* Flexible trace clock positioning (relative to trace data)
* Large 4 GB trace buffer enables long-time trace on fast targets