Sourcery Probe by Mentor Embedded
Mentor Embedded Sourcery Probes- have evolved over the years toward one single goal: To enable bare-metal bring-up of new target platforms quickly and easily with the best technology possible, and with the greatest degree of confidence.
The Mentor Embedded Sourcery Probe is tightly integrated with the debugger which allows developers to save development time during board bring-up and application debugging. The probe also provides visibility into and control of the on-chip debug features of ARM cores. The high end Mentor Embedded Sourcery Probe Professional is available with several Sourcery Probe connectors so that a single probe can support multiple processors, architectures, and software environments right out of the box.
- Easy transition from processor reference designs to OEM board designs
- Mentor’s Sourcery Probe is integrated with the Mentor Embedded debug environment which provides support for several targets out of the box. Using these targets and provided templates, users can transition from reference board design to OEM board designs seamlessly.
- Comprehensive cache and MMU/MPU support
- This is defined by each core type, including all write-through and/or write back cache mode options, memory management or protection modes, and DMA where supported by the core.
- Supports the industry’s leading cores and board designs
- Mentor probes support all ARM architectures and provide out-of-the-box support for many board designs from ARM licensees
- Supports all CPU core speeds
- Provides control and debug software running in-target, with minimal intrusion into target system operation
- Debug code in cache, ROM, RAM, and Flash memory
- Supports both big and little endian byte-order
- Automatically supports target system signal levels from 1.2V to 3.3V
- Sourcery Probe Professional
- Supports 10/100/1000BaseT Ethernet network connection
- Supports telnet access to your target system’s serial port, allowing you to interact with your target system’s serial port over the network
- Sourcery Probe Personal
- Mobile Computing
- OpenGL ES
- Other OS
- ARM11 MPCore