Real-Time Software Design with UML by Feabhas Ltd
- To provide an understanding of the design principles of modern real-time software developments methods.
- To show how to develop real-time software in a rigorous and systematic manner.
- To enable attendees to develop their own practical design skills.
- To teach the UML 2.0 design notation for use on RTES.
Delegates Will Learn:
- The fundamental concepts and terminology of real-time software techniques.
- The diagrammatic and modelling underpinnings provided by UML for OO development methods.
- How to apply the design principles in real-time applications.
- The basics of an integrated, traceable and consistent approach in the development of software for real-time systems.
- Where and how CASE tools can be used in the development process.
- Some understanding of technical software development methods and some knowledge of a high-level programming language.
Who Should Attend:
- Designers new to the area of real-time software design.
- Developers embarking on projects using UML-based techniques for the first time.
Duration: Five days
OO-101 An Overview of UML for Real-Time Embedded Development
OO-301 Applying Real-Time UML
SE-501 Real-Time Software Engineering
SE-401 Systems Engineering using SysML
Approximately 50% of the course involves practical application of the techniques discussed. Delegates work in small groups dealing with problems based on real-world systems.
The course specifically does not make use of a CASE tool. From our experience a CASE tool distracts delegates from learning design issues and UML. However, the workshops clearly demonstrate the benefits and disadvantages of CASE tools thus aiding CASE tool selection.
Real-Time Software Design with UML
- General Purpose Products/Services