VarioTAP® is based on special device models and is tightly integrated in the development environment SYSTEM CASCON. No other tools tailored to the target μP are needed. VarioTAP® functions for debug /emulation, in-system programming and test are available for implementation in CASLAN programs and will allow automated generation of interlaced emulation and test vectors.
Key Advantages and Features:
A single platform solution for emulation and JTAG/Boundary Scan, VarioTAP®, is a revolutionary technology for pattern streaming on TAP (Test Access Port) signals compliant with IEEE-Std.1149.1. The technology utilizes on-chip debug/emulation resources accessible in most microprocessors and microcontrollers through a IEEE 1149.1 compatible JTAG port. The VarioTAP® principle was specifically developed for the integrated Boundary Scan software, SYSTEM CASCON, and enables the complete fusion of debug/emulation tools with test and in-system programming
(ISP) applications. The VarioTAP® specific adaptive streaming demonstrates the dynamic synthesis of emulation vectors and Boundary Scan vectors, supporting new test strategies such as Interlaced JTAG/Boundary Scan Tests and in-system emulation test/ISP.
• Automated support of Scan Router devices
• Support of multiprocessor/multicore systems with single or multiple TAPs
• Same user interface for both emulation and JTAG/Boundary Scan
The tools are fully integrated into SYSTEM CASCON:
• Single, integrated platform for emulation and JTAG/Boundary Scan
• No additional hardware required
• Ultra-fast programming for on-chip and external Flash
• Functional and at-speed testing of non-Boundary Scan devices
• Interlaced emulation and Boundary Scan Test
• Extension of SYSTEM CASCON and integrated with SCANFLEX®
Comprehensive Fault Coverage:
• Functional and at-speed test of non-Boundary Scan devices
• Comprehensive test coverage of dynamic RAM (e.g. DDR2/DDR3)
• Fast generation of custom tests without the native tools for each μP family
Ease of Programming:
• Ultra-fast programming of on-chip and external Flash
• Simplified GUI utilizing VarioTAP® models with pre-configured IP
• Production quality hardware interface
SCANFLEX® supports up to eight independent, truly parallel TAPs (JTAG/debug/emulation ports). The TAP of a μP to be controlled with VarioTAP® can be freely assigned to any of the Boundary Scan controller TAPs. The scan chain may contain other devices and can even be part of a multi-drop or hierarchical scan path configuration.