ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
SafeXcel-IP-160 [Product Brief]
High Performance Flow Through MACsec Security Engine Family with Classifiers
The SafeXcel-IP-160 is an SafeXcel-IP-60 MACsec Frame Engine extended with frame classification engines allowing a direct connection to 10G/1G Ethernet MACs. The solution offers implementation scenarios in switch ASICs where the engine is directly connected to the MAC/port logic. Alternatively implementation in a PHY device will create MACsec enable PHY. When extended with the QuickSec MACsec stack, this solution is the most ideal pure flow through MACsec fast path implementation offering maximum data plane offloading from a host processor, and inherits all functionality from the SafeXcel-IP-60.
The SafeXcel-160 provides full data plane processing at the L2 Ethernet network layer. This capability is enabled by the engine’s unique Frame Classifiers and Flow Processors and is not offered by other security vendors. While traditional offerings need to rely on external classification, the SafeXcel-IP-160 includes hardware assist for this time-consuming task. The SafeXcel-IP-160 autonomously inspects frames, determines required processing and instructs the Engine which transformation to execute.
High-speed MACsec Frame Engine
• Fast and easy to integrate into SoCs
• Flexible layered design, modular architecture
• World-class technical support
• Supported by QuickSec for MACsec
• Engines offered with and without Classification
• Engines offered as MACsec only or with MACsec and IPsec
• Performance grades from 10Gbps to 40Gbps to 100Gbps
• Supports 40, 45, 65, 90, 130nm CMOS nodes
• Allows direct connection to Ethernet MAC; no external host interaction required to determine key material, etc.
• Performing IEEE 802.1ae MACsec packet transforms including AES-GCM encryption and:
- SecTAG insertion and removal
- Sequence number checking
- Programmable Confidentiality Offset
• Non MACsec bulk AES-CTR or AES-GCM capabilities
• Decoupled control and data plane operation
• Low latency, cut through processing, processing of frame can start before complete frame is received
• The pipe-lined architecture allows the core to accept data back-to-back
• Supports multiple ports, SecY’s and Security Channels simultaneously
• Built-in MACsec metering
• Built-in functionality for deciding, and acting on, performing the forwarding, drop, encrypt or decrypt operation, at full line rates
• Classification capability required for MACsec
• Capable of servicing a full duplex 10 Gbps Ethernet connection at a clock speed of 250MHz, even for the smallest frame sizes
• Multiple speed grades available
• No external SDRAM or CAM required