ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
Ultra High Performance In-line AES-GCM MACsec Frame Engine Family
Using AES-GCM, the SafeXcel-IP-60 MACsec Frame engine is capable at offloading IEEE 802.1AE MACsec (or basic AES-GCM) transformations including SegTAG insertion and removal, ICV calculation/insertion and checking/removal and packet number generation and checking at extreme line speeds. The SafeXcel-IP-60 is available in three performance grades, offering transformation rates at 500MHz of 25Gbps through 60Gbps for all frame sizes. The SafeXcel-IP-60 relies on classification by the embedded host CPUs.
The Frame Engine offers cut through processing at very low latencies and low latency jitter with a programmable Confidentiality Offset. Embedding one or more SafeXcel-IP-60 Frame Engines in your design offers extremely fast processing at efficient power dissipation and a low gate count footprint for systems with multiple 10Gbps ports. The SafeXcel-IP-60 can support one 40 or 100Gbps port, multiple 10Gbps or 1Gbps ports or any combination of these.
High-speed MACsec Frame Engine
• Fast and easy to integrate into SoCs
• Flexible layered design, modular architecture
• World-class technical support
• Supported by QuickSec for MACsec
• Performance grades from 10Gbps to 40Gbps to 100Gbps
• Supports 40, 45, 65, 90, 130nm CMOS nodes
• Allows direct connection to Ethernet MAC; no external host interaction required to determine key material, etc.
• Performing IEEE 802.1ae MACsec packet transforms including AES-GCM encryption and:
- SecTAG insertion and removal
- Sequence number checking
- Programmable Confidentiality Offset
• Non MACsec bulk AES-CTR or AES-GCM capabilities
• Decoupled control and data plane operation
• Low latency, cut through processing, processing of frame can start before complete frame is received
• The pipe-lined architecture allows the core to accept data back-to-back
• Supports multiple ports, SecY’s and Security Channels simultaneously
• Built-in MACsec metering
• Built-in functionality for deciding, and acting on, performing the forwarding, drop, encrypt or decrypt operation, at full line rates
• Classification capability required for MACsec
• Capable of servicing a full duplex 10 Gbps Ethernet connection at a clock speed of 250MHz, even for the smallest frame sizes
• Multiple speed grades available
• No external SDRAM or CAM required