Nucleus Networking by Mentor Embedded
Nucleus Networking components of Mentor's Nucleus OS incorporate a wide range of networking and communication protocols, drivers, and utilities to ensure maximum throughput with low-resource usage on many popular ARM devices
Nucleus RTOS supports a number of ARM devices and offers comprehensive support for IP-based networking which includes:
- More than 50 standard protocols implemented out of the box
- Full IPv4 and IPv6 support
- A familiar BSD-like sockets interface
- Throughput optimization
- Exhaustive validation against industry benchmarks and standards
- Support for multiple devices including modem, Gigabit Ethernet, and wireless
- IPv4 and IPv6
- SNTP Client
- DHCP Client
- Web-Based Services
- HTTP Client/Server, FTP Client/Server, TFTP Client/Server, SMTP Client/Server, POP3 Client
- Wireless and Secure Wireless
- 802.11, WEP, 802.11i, 802.1X Supplicant
- Residential Gateway
- DHCP Server, DHCP Relay Agent, Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Network Management
- SNMP v1 v2 v3, RMON, Secure Web Services, SSL 2.0 & 3.0, TLS 1.0, Secure FTP, Secure Telnet
- IPSec & IKEv2, PPTP, L2TP
- Rapidly Enable Devices for Internet Connectivity
- With out-of-box support for more than 50 IP-based protocols and a wide range of interface types – together with a familiar BSD-like API – Nucleus makes it easy to Internet-enable your products.
- Future Proof Your Devices
- With a fully certified IPv6 stack, Nucleus RTOS ensures that your Internet-enabled products work long into the future.
- Highly Optimized for Best Possible Performance
- Through the use of innovative techniques such as zero copy buffers and jumbo packets, Nucleus Networking services offer multiple ways to optimize your system for fast throughput.
- Exhaustive Validation Ensures the Quality of Your End-Products
- Nucleus Networking components are validated against internally and externally developed criteria including ANVL and TAHI testing suites.
- Built-In Hardware Abstraction for Easy Porting
- To ease porting, hardware-specific information for drivers is abstracted to a simple, easy-to-modify module.
- Comprehensive Security Services
- Private and public key encryption, advanced hashing algorithms, and signature verification services – powered by hardware acceleration where available – add up to provide everything you need to keep your data protected.
- Mobile Computing
- ARM11 MPCore