Zazz by Zocalo Tech
RTL (Front End) Tools
The product, marketed under the name Zazz™, was developed with one goal in mind: increasing productivity for engineers adopting and utilizing Assertion Based Verification (ABV). Using Zazz to create and manage assertions ensures consistency of assertion use across a design team or company.
ABV’s full potential has not been realized because:
- Time and cost to determine where assertions are required:
- For new designs where do I start and how many are enough?
- For legacy code that the engineer is unfamiliar with, determining where to add assertions is measured in terms of days or weeks.
- Lack of information for management to even estimate the cost of adding assertions.
- Lack of metrics for management to determine:
- Progress in adding assertions.
- Quality of assertions.
- Effectiveness of assertions use.
- Assertion use cannot attain its full potential because today it is limited to simple assertions versus more powerful and useful assertion because:
- Complexity of language for coding assertions.
- Time and effort to debug assertions.
- Negative impact of assertion use on simulation and emulation times and the difficulty in managing them as part of the verification flow.
Zocalo Tech is an EDA partner with ARM for verification.