Classic ARM processors have been available for over 15 years, with the ARM7TDMI® still the highest shipping 32-bit processor on the market. With over 1 Billion devices shipping every quarter, or over 90 per second, and in excess of 500 licenses, this wide range of processors continues to be at the heart of over one quarter of all electronic products shipped today.
Range of Applications
Over 15 Billion Classic ARM processors shipped
The Classic ARM processors consist of three processor families and contain eight processors that continue to be widely licensed today for numerous applications.
- ARM7 Family - ARM7TDMI-S™ and ARM7EJ-S™ processors
- ARM9 Family - ARM926EJ-S™, ARM946E-S™ and ARM968E-S™ processors
- ARM11 Family - ARM1136J(F)-S™, ARM1156T2(F)-S™, ARM1176JZ(F)-S™ and ARM11™MPCore™ processors
From a single design to perpetual ownership
- Processors are available to license in a number of forms
- Available as per-use, multi-year term, and perpetual use licenses.
- Many available as hard-macros to reduce time-to-market and design risks
In excess of 650 members in the Connected Community supporting ARM processors
- Key open source projects specifically targeting ARM instruction set architecture
- Broadest ecosystem of compilers, debuggers and RTOS tools in the industry
- Plentiful design services partners to aid in design task
- Large variety of third party IP available to integrate with processors