Design efficiently and effectively with help from our worldwide Support team.
Why Support and Maintenance?
- Accessible: get direct access to highly qualified application engineers with extensive and unmatched ARM support experience, based in all the key global ARM design centers.
- Comprehensive: available for all products and all design stages.
- Responsive: 24-hour initial response time target with regular updates throughout the support case.
- Highly rated by customers: consistently high customer satisfaction score.
- Flexible – multiple engagement methods including:
- Secure online case submission and management tool – keep track of work on your support cases 24/7
- Email notifications of activity on support case
- Progressive: customer suggestions for improvements fed back into product development
What products can be covered by Support and Maintenance?
All ARM products can be covered by Support and Maintenance.
How long can I take Support and Maintenance for a product?
You can take Support and Maintenance for every year of the term of the product license.
How do I get the best out of Support?
- Open a support case on the web or e-mail your query to the relevant dedicated email alias. (To learn more about which support aliases you can use, please contact us).
- Make your question as clear and comprehensive as possible.
- State the ARM product name(s) and revision(s).
- Include any environment details and attachments. Please be responsive to requests for further information.
Are there any limits on Support?
Provided there is valid entitlement, there are no limits on the number of questions, or who asks the question or the topic (as long as it is reasonably related to the product). There is a 16-hour limit on the effort ARM will expend on an individual case before requiring a management review of the case.
Can I split Support and Maintenance?
We always recommend you use the latest version of the product in your design, which will be obtained under Maintenance. However, it is possible to split Support and Maintenance.
Can I ask questions in my local language?
Our global team of support engineers may be happy to answer questions in your local language. Please be aware that cases may need to be translated into English and then back to local language if teamwork between multiple ARM offices is required.
Support and Maintenance Options
Standard Service - for licensees of ARM IP
If you have licensed IP from ARM, you may wish to receive Support and Maintenance on the IP. This service typically begins at the start of the IP license, lasts for a period of one or more years, and can be renewed after the initial period.