Job Post ID: 10102
Category: Experienced Professionals
View Full Job Description and Apply
ARM designs the technology that is at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. We see a world where billions of people can collaborate, communicate and connect every day. ARM improves people’s lives by enabling the intelligence in affordable, easy-to-use electronic products and services that transform the way we live and work. Our visionary people work in partnership with a global network of leading technology companies. Using our smart low-power technology, we are shaping the future of a better world, all together. Already we enhance the lives of over 6 billion people who use products powered by ARM technology. We are at the heart of the mobile world – from tablets, digital cameras and 90% of mobile phones right through to the tiniest sensors built into homes and businesses. Over 40 billion electronic products currently incorporate ARM technology. Within 5 years that number will have more than doubled. Our smart low-power technology solutions are used across markets – giving our partners even more opportunity to innovate without boundaries.
Our Partnership Model
We work side-by-side with our technology partners, jointly addressing our common challenges and opportunities across markets and industries. We build and support collaborative and open relationships with leading companies across the globe to foster a vibrant, diverse ecosystem, which unleashes the creativity of many, providing market opportunities for all.
ARM is the world’s leading semiconductor intellectual property company. We create, design and develop smart low-power technology that we license to chip companies. We deliver higher performance, lower power usage and seamless connectivity. ARM’s comprehensive product offering includes RISC microprocessors, graphics processors, video engines, enabling software, cell libraries, embedded memories, high-speed connectivity products, peripherals and development tools. Combined with comprehensive design services, training, support and maintenance, and the company’s broad Partner community, they provide a total system solution that offers a fast, reliable path to market for leading electronics companies. ARM has been at the forefront of global technology for over twenty years, a leading FTSE company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. The next few years will see the exciting realisation of business opportunities across the server, security and smart intelligent embedded microchip space. In addition during 2013 we will be ramping up our corporate affairs work and embarking on the launch of a program of thought leadership content to support the company's next generation designs. The success of ARM to date, and the fulfilment of our future growth aspirations, relies heavily on strong and active relationships across Tier 1 media and relevant political bodies. ARM is seeking a politically astute, influential, corporate communications expert with relevant connections and an excellent grasp of the technology industry. Find out more about ARM by following these links:
- ARM website: http://www.arm.com
- ARM Connected Community®: http://www.arm.com/community
- ARM Blogs: http://blogs.arm.com
- ARMFlix onYouTube: http://www.youtube.com/armflix
- Working for the Director of Marketing and PR (EMEA) and closely with the VP of Government Affairs, the successful candidate will plan and deliver the strategic and tactical components of ARM's corporate communications activities across key political bodies and Tier 1 media.
- You will build industry and political networks which can be leveraged to support the growth aims of ARM's target markets, as well as to execute a range of planned, and crisis communications to protect ARM's corporate reputation.
- You will be working closely with our Investor Relations teams on all PR initiatives and results announcements
- Working closely with the Director of Marketing and PR helping to develop and implement a strategic corporate communication programme for ARM
- Serving as an ARM spokesperson across the business on Corporate Affairs issues (under the guidance of the Director)
- Leverage Tier 1 media contacts to shape ARM's positioning across UK & Europe
- Initiate and implement strategic campaigns to consolidate/capitalise on ARM's market leadership
- Preparing speeches, press releases, briefing notes, white papers and crisis communications in support of the CEO's & leadership team activities
- Creating a proactive and reactive media relations programme to support ARM's business strategy
- Liaising with segment heads to understand their respective markets; support their communications needs and advise on corporate lines to take where appropriate
- The successful applicant will be responsible for developing and executing a proactive investor relations program to maximize the long-term value of ARM
- You will have excellent communication and influencing skills, helping you to enhance corporate communications, coordinate and manage the production and contents of quarterly results announcements, press releases, investor presentations, and annual reports
- Working closely with our corporate affairs and trade media PR agencies; input into briefing documents and ensure we are generating strategic PR in support of ARM's business activities
- Engaging in all of the above and additional activities, with the aim of enhancing ARM's reputation as the world's leading semiconductor intellectual property company