ARM and Common Platform Collaboration and Products
The Common Platform has teamed with ARM to develop leadership silicon proven IP for the CMOS 90nm, 65nm, 45nm, and 32/28nm platforms. This collaboration results in the highest performance, most power efficient ARM SoC implementations and facilitates broad industry adoption, all strengthened by the ARM global support infrastructure. ARM continues to work closely with the Common Platform to ensure early engagement on all design nodes, full integration of ARM processor IP and comprehensive EDA support.
ARM 90nm, 65nm and 45nm Physical IP for the Common Platform is available now for download. Each ARM High Performance IP platform:
- Consists of logic libraries, memory compilers and interface IP
- Provide a powerful suite of design alternatives, offering SoC designers the ability to balance performance, power, area and manufacturability throughout the design process
- Coupled with ARM leadership in microprocessor architectures, deliver optimal specifications and reduce time to market
ARM 32nm Physical IP is in development now. This platform offers the following benefits:
- Optimized 32nm High-k Metal Gate Design Platform
- High performance, power efficient ARM SoC Implementations
- Comprehensive ARM Physical IP Solution in 2009
- Application optimized Logic, Memory and Interface products
- Specifically targets current and future ARM Cortex™ processors
- Foundation and Enhanced Physical IP, scalability to 28nm
ARM works closely with leading EDA partners for integration and optimization of ARM IP deliverables with the most advanced design flows. ARM works with each partner in the development and validation of various design flows and methodologies, enabling successful path from RTL to foundry-ready GDSII. Collaboration examples:
- ARM processor-based Implementation Reference Methodologies (iRMs) enable ARM licensees to customize, implement, verify and characterize soft ARM processors. These iRMs from Cadence, Magma and Synopsys enable a predictable route to silicon, and a basis for custom methodology development.
- Common Platform Reference Flows are comprehensive and flexible solutions validated with ARM physical IP to ensure quality-of-results and ease-of-use. These flows highlight integrated solutions for timing, power, area, and signal integrity. For more information, please visit Common Platform.
Complete list of ARM Physical IP for Common Platform (910Kb PDF)