If you have questions about the process at any point, send an email to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: READ CAREFULLY PRIOR TO CLICKING THE "Accept" BUTTON. BY APPLYING TO BE A MEMBER OF THE ARM CONNECTED COMMUNITY YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
1. PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY AND INDICATE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OR REJECTION BY CLICKING THE APPROPRIATE BUTTON AT THE END. BY INDICATING YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT, YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A CONTRACT WITH ARM LIMITED AND ITS DIRECT AND INDIRECT SUBSIDIARIES (COLLECTIVELY "ARM") TO BE A MEMBER OF THE ARM CONNECTED COMMUNITY YOU ARE AGREEING ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF AND THE ENTITY YOU REPRESENT (COLLECTIVELY "YOU") TO COMPLY WITH AND BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT BECOME AN ARM CONNECTED COMMUNITY MEMBER OR USE THE ARM CONNECTED COMMUNITY WEBSITE.
2. ARM, in its sole discretion, may accept or decline your application for membership to the ARM Connected Community. As an ARM Connected Community member, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you shall be entitled to place entries in the online catalog of companies and their products that support the ARM architecture ("Connected Community Website") and the electronic version of the ARM Connected Community Website ("ARM Developers' Guide"). You shall also have the right to use the trademark identified in the trademark guidelines set out below ("Trademark Guidelines")
4. You hereby grant to ARM, a royalty free, non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide, license under your trademarks to use your name and company logo; (i) on the ARM Developers' Guide and Connected Community Website; (ii) any advertising or promotions including powerpoint slides, event posters and advertisements relating to the ARM Connected Community; (iii) any case studies representing ARM powered devices on the ARM website. This license grant shall be valid as of acceptance by ARM of your membership application.
5. You hereby grant to ARM, a royalty free, non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide, license under your copyrights to; (i) use, copy and modify (solely for the purpose of reformatting) any entries or advertisements submitted by you for entry on the Connected Community Website; and (ii) sublicense the rights in Clause 5(i) to ARM's subcontractors, for the purposes of publishing, distributing and marketing the ARM Developers' Guide and ARM Connected Community Website. This license grant shall be valid as of acceptance by ARM of your membership application.
6. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the Trademark Guidelines, ARM hereby grants to you a nontransferable, nonexclusive, royalty free, worldwide license, to use the trademarks identified in and in accordance with the Trademark Guidelines, and only in connection with products or services provided by you which support the ARM architecture. This license grant shall be valid as of acceptance by ARM of your membership application.
7. ARM shall not be responsible for the accuracy of any information contained in any entries or advertisements in the ARM Developers' Guide and ARM Connected Community Website. ARM shall not be liable for use by you of any information contained in the ARM Developers' Guide or Connected Community Website. ARM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. ARM does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted access to and operation of the ARM Connected Community Website.
8. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL ARM BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT OR USE BY YOU OF INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE ARM DEVELOPERS' GUIDE OR ARM CONNECTED COMMUNITY WEBSITE WHETHER BASED ON A CLAIM UNDER CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF ARM WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ARM does not seek to limit or exclude liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence and because some jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion or limitation of liability.
9. This Agreement shall commence on the date you accept the terms of this Agreement and shall continue in force unless terminated earlier in accordance with the provisions of this Clause.
Without prejudice to any of its other rights if you are in breach of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement then ARM may terminate the Agreement immediately upon giving written notice to you. ARM may terminate this Agreement, for any reason and without cause, by giving you thirty (30) days written notice of termination.
You may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason by giving ARM thirty (30) days written notice of termination.
Upon termination of this Agreement by you or by ARM you shall stop using the trademarks identified in the Trademark Guidelines and destroy all copies of documentation and product packaging containing the trademarks in your possession. ARM shall be entitled to remove your entries from the ARM Connected Community Website.
The provisions of Clauses 4, 5, 7, 8 and 9 shall survive termination of this Agreement.
10. General. This Agreement is governed by English Law. This Agreement expresses the entire agreement and understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior oral or written agreements, commitments and understandings pertaining to the subject matter hereof. This agreement may only be modified by written agreement between you and ARM. This Agreement may not be modified by purchase orders, advertising or other representation by any person. If any Clause in this Agreement is held by a court of law to be illegal or unenforceable the remaining provisions of the Agreement shall not be affected thereby. The failure by ARM to enforce any of the provisions of this Agreement, unless waived in writing, shall not constitute a waiver of ARM's rights to enforce such provision or any other provision of the Agreement in the future.
The following Guidelines apply to the ARM® Connection Logo and the ARM Connected Community Logo
Part A ARM® Connection Logo
Part B ARM Connected Community Logo
The ARM connection logo is trade marked by ARM Limited, and a trademark symbol ™ must always be used in conjunction with the ARM connection logo. The ARM connection logo should always be in the center of another company logo (pre-approved by ARM) and the ARM corporate logo. The ARM connection logo should never be used by itself as a stand-alone mark. The placement of the ARM corporate logo can either follow or precede the ARM Connection logo. The logo should only be used in a horizontal format. Using the logo in a vertical format should only be used if a horizontal image cannot fit the space restrictions and with prior approval from ARM, on a case by case basis.
The ARM connection logo and the ARM corporate logo preceding or following it may not be altered or deformed in shape or size proportions in any way. The logotype must not be replaced with a different typeface or non-authorized color. A minimum white space clearance of the graphics preceding and following the ARM connection logo must remain constant and be maintained on all sides. When using another company's logo with the ARM connection logo, the other company's logo must be sized so that it occupies the same space visually as the ARM corporate logo. Minimum logo size is 15mm
The ARM Connected Community logo is a service mark of ARM Limited, no trademark is required symbol is required. This logo may not be altered or deformed in shape or size proportions or color in any way. The typeface must not be replaced with a different typeface or non-authorized color. The logo or logotype must not be used as an element in titles headlines or text. A minimum white space clearance of capital letter height of the logo must be maintained on all sides. Minimum logo size is 12mm.
The marks must appear exactly as shown above; the elements, proportions and relationships must not change. The marks are available in stat repro form and in .eps for Macintosh or .WMF for PC platforms. These formats ensure the highest possible reproduction quality. However, should you need another format for a specific project, please contact your local ARM office for advice.
When produced in colour, the mark should be printed in Pantone 314 blue. Process colour reproduction may not match Pantone-identified solid colour standards. When specifying the colour of the mark with process inks, the correct mix is: