The Cortex-A7 processor is a highly energy efficient applications processor designed to enable low-cost, fully featured entry-level smart phones in addition to other low-power applications.
The processor is fully compatible with other Cortex-A series processor and incorporates all of the features of the high-performance Cortex-A15 processor including virtualization, Large Physical Address Extensions (LPAE) NEON advanced SIMD, and AMBA 4 ACE coherency.
A single Cortex-A7 processor can deliver 5x energy-efficiency, 50% greater performance and is one fifth the size of the ARM Cortex-A8 processor, which powers many of today's most popular smartphones.
- Best power-efficiency and footprint as a standalone applications processor
- More performance than 2011 mainstream smartphone CPU
- Up to 20% more performance while consuming 60% less power
- Companion CPU to Cortex-A15 to enable big.LITTLE Processing
- Software can run on an energy efficient Cortex-A7 processor and on a high performance Cortex-A15 processor as needed without recompilation
- AMBA 4 ACE coherency interface enables sub-20us context migration between big and LITTLE CPU clusters
The Cortex-A7 processor has been licensed by a large number of the industry's leading silicon manufacturers including: